I speak for organizations and classrooms, and love interacting with readers and writers.
- Decatur Book Festival – Missing Books for the 13-Year-Old Reader: Why 13 Year-Old-Readers Have a Tough Time Finding Books and What We Can Do About It
- Faculty at the Writers Who Run Retreat – Two 90-minute workshops on character and conflict, faculty Q&A, and critiques
- School visits – Multiple visits for middle school and elementary classrooms with audience sizes 10-70 students.
- Book clubs – Discussed The Firebrand Legacy and Death Dragon’s Kiss with adult and youth book clubs, in person and via Skype
I speak in classrooms, adult workshops, and retreats on books and writing. It is a joy to share my writing journey and to encourage others to read, write, and follow their callings. I would be honored to meet your reading group or classroom and develop or modify a talk to your preferences.
- No Word Is Wasted: My Writing Journey – An inspirational talk to encourage reading, writing, and persevering with creative expression. It’s about why I started writing, why I keep writing, and how you can too. No word you write will be wasted.
- Book Discussion – Talks on any of my books; best if the group has read the book in advance
“Theresa really knows the craft and is so very generous with her experience and knowledge.” – Jill B., adult novel-writing student
- Crafting Strong Characters – A workshop unpacking the 4 Essential Components of Character
- Write That Book Already – A workshop designed to help bridge the gap between idea/desire and action plan, with the right tools to help aspiring authors complete their manuscripts.
- I Wrote a Book…Now What? – A primer on “next steps” with Traditional and Indie Publishing once you’ve completed your book.
- Missing Books for the 13-Year-Old Reader – Why 13 year-old-readers have a tough time finding books for them and what we can do about it. I love my young teen readers and believe that we can do justice to this crucial age by providing appropriately-aged characters on complex and hopeful journeys.
How to Book
I love speaking to groups and want you to feel comfortable reaching out. With me as a speaker, you can expect enthusiasm and professionalism. Please contact me with my contact form to discuss your group’s workshop/school visit needs.