In today’s episode, we’re looking back at the huge changes which have taken place this year in the Catholic children’s book market! No transcript today so you’ll have to listen in, but I have some helpful links and bullet points here to guide you through:
- Celebrating the Catholic Kidlit Podcast’s 1st year
- Giveaway for my Catholic board book Liturgical Colors (Holy Heroes, 2019) – ENTER HERE
- Still time to enter the giveaway for My Grandma Is a Lady by Jalissa Pollard
- My year: 4 book contracts! Arthur the Clumsy Altar Server (Books 1 and 2) and Seven Gifts of Baptism
- Publishing backlogs and supply chain constraints
- New and exciting market disruptions (good ones!): TAN Academy, OSV Kids Magazine, Ascension Kids
- More Indie-publishing in the Catholic market: Kickstarters, Indie-published PBs and even BBs
- Changes happening in the Catholic Writers Guild
- Catholic Kidlit Writers Club is launching on January 1st, the first space for Catholic children’s book writers to get together. We’re starting out with some exclusive interviews including: Self-Publishing with Kristina Lahr, Creating the Catholic Magazine with Our Sunday Visitor, and Publishing Insight from editor Lindsay Schlegel. Our goal is to support YOU to create excellent Catholic children’s books. You can sign up to join the 2022 cohort at catholickidlit.com. Enrollment ends February 28, 2022.
- Question Answered: How do I negotiate an author contract if I’m not also a lawyer?
**Affiliate disclaimer: Some links may be affiliate links where I earn a little money from your purchase at no cost to you. Thanks for helping an author out! 🙂
What Catholic kidlit developments are you excited about? And what did I miss?
Let me know in the comments!
About Theresa Kiser
I’m Theresa Kiser, speaker and award-winning children’s book author of the picture books Arthur the Clumsy Altar Server (OSV, Coming Spring 2022), Seven Gifts of Baptism (Holy Heroes, coming 2022), and Liturgical Colors (Holy Heroes, 2019), as well as the fantasy adventure series The Manakor Chronicles. On a rare moment when I’m not writing or changing diapers, I might indulge in fruity teas, dark chocolate, and a good book.